Responsible for managing the compliance functions of our aerospace manufacturing business to include AS9100 Management representative, NADCAP certifications, Customer and Supplier compliance. Utilize Six Sigma and Quality management tools to improve factory performance.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Manage quality department consisting of Internal Audit team, Lead Auditor, NDT Level 3 Examiner, Calibration Dept., Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality Clinic Engineer and Quality Engineers
• Deploy DMAIC process to reduce non-conformances.
• Lead Quality clinic process to drive Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Action utilizing the 8D (AESQ 13000) process.
• Interface with Customer on Complaints and Improvement processes/projects.
• Strong skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Minitab.
• Manage gauge control and calibration.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years’ experience in a quality leadership role, preferably in the Aerospace Industry
• Six Sigma skill set to include a minimum of Green Belt (Black Belt preferred).
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team