The Quality Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and controlling quality control systems designed to ensure all products and processes within the organization are controlled and consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. The position supervises a team of quality control specialists and maintenance technicians. Responsibilities as more fully described below, include managing, monitoring, developing, and maintaining the Quality Management System, as well as expanded duties as determined and communicated by Client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define, establish and implement the Quality System for all levels within the organization
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Aid in problem solving of customer complaints, nonconformities, requests for corrective and/ or preventative actions, etc.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Implement, monitor and control adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Manage, monitor and control daily quality audits to ensure quality process are established and maintained for all production related processes.
- Apply TQM tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Review and report quality system performance to VP of Operations as required.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Issue internal requests for corrective actions based on performance reported from internal metrics as well as warranty service instances and trends.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other manufacturing personnel to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Interact with vendors and purchasing department to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Develop and issue Quality and Safety Alerts based on product and personnel performance.
- Manage, direct and schedule the quality department and maintenance personnel.
- Monitor and report the scrap, rework, quality turnback activities and coordinate processes and procedural improvements to reduce scrap, rework, and quality turnback issues.
- Maintain and continue customer specific reporting and processes,
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Ensure and document the scheduling and training of employees to the Quality Management System.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs
Qualifications and Skills
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience/education combination.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Supervisory/management experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision
401k eligible after 6 months
Vacation and PTO
Click here to apply online