CORPORATE OVERVIEWOur client is a highly regarded food and beverage technology company that manufactures products for the restaurant and food service markets. They are committed to designing smarter solutions to everyday challenges so customers can serve easier, faster and better than ever. THE OPPORTUNITYA Quality Manager will oversee the development, implementation, and improvement of quality planning, quality assurance and quality control activities for product safety and compliance, including finished goods production. This position has final authority to stop non-conforming components or finished goods from reaching customers.
- Coordinates compliance and improvement to the company's Quality Management System (QMS), works with Executive team to plan for these improvements.
- Directs and leads the quality team and all the activities within that the team.
- Manages the IFS quality module functions and procedures to drive quality-related decision making: MRB, NCR, CAPA, Audits, Control Plans.
- Champion internal audit process through continuous improvement, shared best practices and teamwork.
- Working with the Engineering and the Production teams, establishes and implements quality control procedures and standards for inspections at raw materials, in-process and finished products stages.
- Supports the NPD process by developing quality standards and tests for new products.
- Using statistical analysis, evaluates problems regarding assembly, manufacturing and warranty processes; recommends product design, tooling, or process changes to reduce costs and simplify manufacturing processes.
- Ensures that effective Quality training is developed, delivered and reinforced, especially root cause methodologies, Measurement System Analysis, APQP, SPC, product capability and DoE.
- 8-10 years related work experience, especially in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Quality Management Systems
- Black Belt in Lean Sigma is required (does not require 3rd party certification; proven knowledge is acceptable)
- ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) is preferred
- 5 weeks PTO/yr
- Robust 401K
- Exceptional health care benefits