Magellan Aerospace, Haley is currently seeking a dynamic and inspiring Quality Manager to join our team and lead the Quality function within the facility. In this role, the successful candidate will work with Leadership developing and implementing quality initiatives, procedures, and policies, and translating them into an action plan. As a valued member of the Senior Management team, the individual will provide guidance in ensuring compliance with customer requirements, regulatory agencies, government regulations, and engineering specifications while instilling accountability. The Quality Manager will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating the product quality assurance programs and prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
- And many others
- Conduct management meetings to establish responsibilities and plans to attain objectives. Track progress to objectives and KPI trending with the management team. Develop and maintain the product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Act as the liaison for corporate quality initiatives and supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for administration of the quality system in accordance with AS 9100, ISO 9001, government and customer requirements. This includes the internal audit program and CAPA and to monitor and advise on the effectiveness and performance of the quality management system.
- Coordinate reviews of customer and third party specifications (NADCAP, SAE, etc.) to ensure requirements are implemented within the operation or exceptions are taken when requirements cannot be fulfilled. Ensure requirements requiring significant implementation costs are forwarded to Sales and Contracts for possible negotiation with the customer. Maintain spec libraries and ensure that specs are obtained and launched for review, when required.
- Review responses to surveys launched by customers and third parties requesting Haley information to update their files. These often occur annually and may take the form of annual “reps and certs”, attestation and confirmation of compliance with legislation such as Frank Dodd Act (3TG minerals). Requests for compliance with Reach legislation shall be forwarded to the EMS Manager.
- Ensure NAS 410 and Customer Level 3 NDT approvals are current and in good standing and ensure those with expiry dates, i.e. NAS410 and Honeywell, are renewed as required.
- Manage the Supplier Control program. Ensure that Approved Supplier List is maintained, suppliers audited and responses validated. This shall include the submission and completion of QMS, EMS and SECQ surveys at a frequency not exceeding 36 months. Conduct formal semi-annual reviews of supplier performance, maintain minutes and generate required actions to ensure performance meets expectations.
- Ensure the Supplier NCR program is managed and that NCR / RCCA responses are completed on time and reviewed prior to closure.
- Manage customer satisfaction measures, review customer survey results and portal scorecards. Ensure customer satisfaction measures defined within the Quality Manual and QCP 001 are maintained.
- Engineering / Technical Diploma, Quality Professional Status
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Quality Manager, Organizational Excellence
- 5+ years of broad technical experience, a minimum of three years in quality engineering.
- 3+ years in managing technical personnel and complex activities in the areas of engineering or technical operations
- 2+ years in Quality Management
- Problem Solving
- Proficient business communications skills in English
- Ability to interface with management team, department staff, customers and suppliers
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!