The Quality Manager, as a member of the management team, participates in formulating and establishing organizational policies and operating procedures. In addition, the Quality Manager will be responsible for managing the compliance functions of our aerospace manufacturing business to include AS9100, NADCAP certifications, and Customer and Supplier compliance.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Administration of the Company Quality Program in accordance with AS 9100, ISO 9001, government and customer requirements
• Ensure products and services provided by the company are fit for their intended purpose and meet customer expectations
• Develop an internal audit program and to monitor and advise on the effectiveness and performance of the quality management system
• Participate, as member of management team, in formulating and establishing organizational policies and operating procedures for their company and develops, implements, and coordinates, through support staff, product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products
• Provide or ensure the training, tools and techniques are available to enable others to achieve quality
• Provide a central point of contact for all Managers on Quality matters
• Provide an independent “Quality assessor” role as necessary and required to assure Quality in the company’s business
• Responsibility for the Magellan Quality System, Internal Audits, NDT, Calibration, Supplier Quality, Continuous Improvement & HS&E.
• Deploy DMAIC process to reduce non-conformances.
• Lead Quality clinic process to drive Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Action utilizing the 8D (AESQ 13000) process.
• Interface with Customer on Complaints and Improvement processes/projects.
• Manage gauge control and calibration.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Engineering discipline preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in a quality leadership role, preferably in the Aerospace Industry
• Intimate knowledge of AS9100 and NADCAP requirements, including auditing
• Six Sigma skill set to include a minimum of Green Belt (Black Belt preferred).
• Extensive understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
• Strong blueprint reading and interpretation skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!