The Quality Control (QC) Manager is responsible for all aspects of quality control. The QC Manager will supervise the quality control department, which includes handling all personnel and policies. QC Managers ensure their teams follow established rules for handling quality control issues; these rules are meant to address quality issues in a timely manner while retaining profitability. They assign work to employees and oversee schedules under the guidance of their manager and human resources guidelines. QC Managers train new employees in the quality control department on proper testing procedures and safety habits. The expectation of the QC Manager is to handle day-to-day quality assurance activities, they are positioned to offer feedback on procedures and recommend improvements to management. Additionally, QC Managers implement testing procedures as outlined by their manager and according to industry standards.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Recommend manufacturing or technology aids to increase speed and efficiency of quality product.
- Supervise the selection, workflow, training and development of QC staff.
- Assess production process issue and recommend improvements.
- Supervise product testing to ensure procedure accuracy.
- Assist in developing and implementing quality assurance programs to meet production standards and customer requirement
- Complies with all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s.
- Special Projects & other duties as necessary
- The successful candidate must have a strong attention to detail and be familiar with inspection techniques and quality standards.
- Must have leadership skills and be able to lead a team
- Minimum of Associates degree or equivalent years of industry experience
- SQF/HACCP training preferred or willingness to be HACCP/SQF trained/certified
- Ability to read, write and speak for company communications; work orders, SOP’s, customer interactions, data/job order entry
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience/proficiency with PC, mouse, and keyboard
- Experience with Microsoft Office software is a plus.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of information to Company and Federal standards.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be dependable and work within Company conduct standards; consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Must be able to lead a team
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of times. (consistently)
- Must be able to move and lift up to 40 lbs. (intermittently)
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment if in the production areas
- Eye protection
- Steel-toe shoes
- Hair net
- Hearing protection
Click here to apply online