Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager
Responsible for the up keep and promotion of all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) throughout the organisation interacting with customers and suppliers on quality improvement and ensuring the quality of all products and services provided.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40.0 hours per week.
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Free parking
- Mobile phone/gym membership/rent a car and other employee discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Recognition
- Refer A Friend Awards
- Setting and delivering the quality policy and objectives, preparing reports to support on agreed basis.
- Leading the quality team ensuring it operates in line with company policy and procedures.
- Organising and leading relevant quality reviews on site
- Ensure effective quality controls for all aspects of the manufacture of product from PO to dispatch.
- Confirmation that QMS conforms to relevant international and customer standards and is fit for purpose.
- Interface with customers on quality requirements
- Interface with suppliers on quality requirements
- Provide reports detailing the cost of quality and preventive solutions – using non-conformance reporting as basis for this
- In conjunction with Customers, Suppliers and Internal departments, systematically investigate all causes of rework and rejects, document all root causes and ensure preventive measures and corrective actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- As part of site management team, achieve the operational objectives of business and where necessary support quality development throughout group.
- Work with the minimum amount of supervision while maintaining expected levels of productivity
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur
- Actively support and contribute to continuous improvement program and lean manufacturing.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value added activities
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce
- Relevant 3rd level qualification, Engineering/Quality
- Experience of machine tools and manufacturing techniques
- Relevant Quality experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with quality management systems
- Proven experience of managing Quality Teams.
Strategy - Ability to think and act in a strategic way
- Can lead & act consistent with the company’s strategy and values
- Able to demonstrate strategic problem solving, good decision making and sound judgment
- Demonstrates sound business and technical acumen
- Shows a high degree of intellectual rigor during problem solving
Talent – Ability to build and develop talent
- Demonstrates ability to develop self and others
- Shows evidence of continuous learning
- Demonstrates performance leadership
Approach – Ability to demonstrate an effective approach to engagement and problem solving
- Able to build trust and engage others
- Can build or contribute to an inclusive team environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications
- Exhibits a strong professional presence
Results – Ability to achieve planned results
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus through planning and actions
- Acts with initiative and urgency
- Shows the ability to be a change leader with adaptability and continuous improvement
- Ability to hold oneself and other accountable for results
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage all available resources to achieve results
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!