Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has a great opportunity for a Quality Management System Coordinator. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful incumbent is responsible for internal audits and corrective action system, to ensure the work performed at the site complies with applicable procedures, customer and regulatory requirements. QMS Coordinator is also responsible for preparation and facilitation of customer and third-party audits (e.g. AS9100, Nadcap).
- Relate effectively with interdepartmental personnel, customers, and outside agencies regarding quality management system issues.
- As Lead Auditor, the QMS Coordinator is responsible to plan, schedule, and conduct internal audits and provide ongoing objective evaluations of processes and documentation. Generate audit reports to meet requirements of regulatory agencies and document objective evidence of audits performed.
- Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective / preventive action implementation and effectiveness.
- Maintain a system of tracking all aspects of external audits including planning, scheduling, corrective action tracking and completion based on audit schedule.
- Facilitates Root Cause Corrective Action process by training, monitoring and mentoring personnel assigned to address NCRs resulting from internal and external audits, and requests made by customer and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains control of internal and external documented information and quality records retention.
- Maintains effective control of stamps for certified personnel.
- Maintain approved supplier list and associated records.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports of metrics reflecting performance of the quality management system.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Minimum 3 years coordinating quality management system in AS9100 or ISO9000 certified manufacturing facility, or similar experience.
- Experience as Lead Auditor for internal audits to AS9100 and NADCAP requirements.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated administrative and computer skills.
- Proactive leadership.
- Problem Solving and analytical skills.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)