Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Management System Coordinator is responsible for internal audits and corrective action system, to ensure the work performed at the site complies with applicable procedures, customer and regulatory requirements. QMS Coordinator is also responsible for preparation and facilitation of customer and third-party audits (e.g. AS9100, Nadcap).
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Relate effectively with interdepartmental personnel, customers, and outside agencies regarding quality management system issues.
- As Lead Auditor, the QMS Coordinator is responsible to plan, schedule, and conduct internal audits and provide ongoing objective evaluations of processes and documentation. Generate audit reports to meet requirements of regulatory agencies and document objective evidence of audits performed.
- Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective / preventive action implementation and effectiveness.
- Maintain a system of tracking all aspects of external audits including planning, scheduling, corrective action tracking and completion based on audit schedule.
- Facilitates Root Cause Corrective Action process by training, monitoring and mentoring personnel assigned to address NCRs resulting from internal and external audits, and requests made by customer and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains control of internal and external documented information and quality records retention.
- Maintains effective control of stamps for certified personnel.
- Maintain approved supplier list and associated records.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports of metrics reflecting performance of the quality management system.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 3 years coordinating quality management system in AS9100 or ISO9000 certified manufacturing facility, or similar experience.
- Experience as Lead Auditor for internal audits to AS9100 and Nadcap requirements.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification preferred.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.