Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Management System Coordinator is responsible for internal audits and corrective action system, to ensure the work performed at the site complies with applicable procedures, customer and regulatory requirements. QMS Coordinator is also responsible for preparation and facilitation of customer and third-party audits (e.g. AS9100, Nadcap).
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Relate effectively with interdepartmental personnel, customers, and outside agencies regarding quality management system issues.
- As Lead Auditor, the QMS Coordinator is responsible to plan, schedule, and conduct internal audits and provide ongoing objective evaluations of processes and documentation. Generate audit reports to meet requirements of regulatory agencies and document objective evidence of audits performed.
- Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective / preventive action implementation and effectiveness.
- Maintain a system of tracking all aspects of external audits including planning, scheduling, corrective action tracking and completion based on audit schedule.
- Facilitates Root Cause Corrective Action process by training, monitoring and mentoring personnel assigned to address NCRs resulting from internal and external audits, and requests made by customer and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains control of internal and external documented information and quality records retention.
- Maintains effective control of stamps for certified personnel.
- Maintain approved supplier list and associated records.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports of metrics reflecting performance of the quality management system.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 3 years coordinating quality management system in AS9100 or ISO9000 certified manufacturing facility, or similar experience.
- Experience as Lead Auditor for internal audits to AS9100 and Nadcap requirements.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification preferred.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being pe1formed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.