Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Management System Engineer or Specialist / Quality Clinic Coordinator is responsible for preparation and facilitation of customer and third-party audits (e.g. AS9100, Nadcap). Also responsible for internal audits and corrective action system, to ensure the work performed at the site complies with applicable procedures, customer and regulatory requirements. QMS Engineer/ QC Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring a disciplined and effective function of the site Quality Clinic.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, and competitive salary. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications. We offer a generous benefits package with eligibility after the first month of employment.
• Relate effectively with interdepartmental personnel, customers, and outside agencies regarding quality management system issues.
• Plan, schedule, and conduct internal audits and provide ongoing objective evaluations of processes and documentation in accordance with AS9100.
• Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective / preventive action implementation and effectiveness.
• Generate detailed Audit Reports identifying deficiencies to provide data for use in the correction of potential problems and to meet requirements of regulatory agencies and document objective evidence of the discrepancies.
• Prepares accurate and timely reports of metrics reflecting performance of the quality management system.
• Maintain a system of tracking all aspects of the audits including planning, scheduling, corrective action tracking and completion based on audit schedule.
• Implement a RCCA standard process across all facilities, including mistake proof solutions.
• Facilitates Root Cause Corrective Action process by training, monitoring and mentoring personnel assign to address NCRs resulting from internal and external audits, escapes, and requests made by customer and regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating the Quality clinic process and procedures, maintaining an accurate Quality Clinic inventory, creation and modifications of all Quality Clinic metric charts and reports
• Responsible for the rapid containment and communication of escapes and related material.
• Assign work and coordinate the archiving of quality clinic records.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical discipline, and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or +5 years actual hands on experience in like position in aerospace industry
• American Society for Quality (ASQ), Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Certification preferred
• Previous experience leading internal audits to AS9100 and Nadcap requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.