The Quality Inspector performs all aspects of inspection on parts.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Regular employee hot lunches
• Free parking
• Inspect parts at various stages of production using a variety of methods
• Load and use CMMs per routing information
• Ability to use and read micrometers and verniers (inside, outside, depth) non-dial type, dial bore gauges, radius gauges, thread gauges, snap and plug gauges, gauge blocks, ultrasonic thickness checker, hardness tester, profileometer, shadowgraph, protractors, telescopic gauges, height gauges, sine bar, and optical comparator.
• Ability to read and understand operation sheets, sketches, drawings of highly complex operations or parts; working independently with no assistance.
• Excellent knowledge of layout methods and set-ups, various processes and appearance of such (i.e. shot peen, plating, painting, etc.), specifications and all Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener Inspection procedures and forms.
• Working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry and algebra.
• Set up inspections unassisted and within prescribed time frame.
• Ability to perform checking, measurement and layout operations of high complexity. Able to optimize checking and layout method to provide best productivity, performance and accuracy.
• Utilize own selection of equipment, instructions and gauges.
• Final ship product on behalf of customer (delegated source).
• Responsible for incoming product verification for hardware, raw material & processing houses.
• Knowledgeable in customer specification relating to requirements & compliance.
• Raises Corrective Action Forms (CAR/NR).
• Set-up inspection gauges for production when required.
• Ensure all inspection tools are calibrated & working properly.
• Completion of a Quality Program at a post-secondary level
• 5 years of experience in inspection
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!