Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Level 3 Quality Inspector
- Full Time 6 month Temporary Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace are looking for a Quality Inspector to join our Quality department. Our successful candidate will be responsible for verifying all product conforms to design and customer requirements through stage and final inspection.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Assessment of product conformance through the use of manual inspection equipment. This includes but may not be limited to micrometers, verniers, Go/No-Go gauges and ultrasonic testers.
- Visual examination of product to ensure that it conforms to customers’ surface finish requirements and machining standards.
- Use of CMM measurement equipment in accordance with the relevant CMM set-up sheets.
- Raising Non-Conformance Reports that succinctly and accurately describe the location and nature of non-conformances and, where possible, suggest any likely root-causes of the defect.
- Raising Rework Sheets to clearly identify any rework requirements and verify that the rework has been performed to a satisfactory standard.
- Calibration of inspection equipment and updating of the calibration register.
- Participation in problem solving teams such as 8D/A3 to improve quality levels and reduce scrap and rework.
- Supporting the Chief Inspection and Quality Manager through regular feedback on quality issues.
- Adherence to all company Quality policies and procedures at all times.
- Adherence to all company Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected by the Chief Inspector.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working within a Quality Department and inspecting parts for end Customer receipt
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Use of inspection equipment in an accurate and repeatable fashion.
- Explaining quality issues accurately and succinctly both orally and in writing.
- Good practical co-ordination skills.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Act with integrity at all time to ensure that product quality or the company’s reputation is not compromised.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!