Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Inspector. The successful incumbent will be required to perform mechanical and visual checks on manufactured parts in compliance with customer specifications. The Quality Inspector will be expected to use various inspection techniques to obtain accurate measurements.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Perform dimensional checks using surface plate, CMM and comparator while utilizing work instructions
- Must have experience using various hand tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, pin gages, indicators, and bore gages
- Ability to interpret customer specifications
- Report and record inspection result on inspections sheets
- Discuss inspection results with part responsible engineer
- Create NCMR’s on any non-conforming part
- Communicate with Engineering of any issues with work instructions or inspection methods
- Assist in developing a culture of Quality and Excellence through effective engagement in continuous improvement activities
- Possess at least a High School Diploma
- 0 + years’ experience performing dimensional inspections
- Experience with GD&T
- PC-DMIS experience is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and self-starter
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.