Title: Quality Inspector
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-4016661117
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Quality Inspector to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
This is a swing shift position.
- Inspects in-process and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to performance specifications and/or quality assurance standards.
- Conducts testing for new product development and to determine conformance of existing product to new requirements.
- Assumes role in assisting others in correcting or preventing deficiencies in quality of workmanship.
- Processes associated/required paperwork/data entry for finished production.
- Perform receiving inspection of machined parts, plated parts, and miscellaneous purchased parts.
- Uses precision measuring equipment.
- Works with team on customer or military source inspection activities.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by department supervisor or manager.
- Cross functional for in-process, Outside Process, Special Testing, Warranty, and Final Inspection of wiring, conduit and assembly harnesses.
- Part of cross functional QA inspection personnel and crossed trained to all Incoming, F.I processes, including Calibration activities.
- Manages and prioritizes workload, product, and projects amongst all QA inspection personnel.
- Ensures inspection and calibration procedures are adequate for finished products to meet company standards.
- Works as part of a team to determine group priorities to achieve maximum efficiency, throughput and linearity.
- Leads by example and keeps an open line of communication with supervisor, peers and stake holders.
- Ensures all functions of QA responsibilities are followed and are executed to their fullest to ensure the integrity of all quality activities are not jeopardized or degraded in any form that could compromise the quality of product.
- Facilitates source inspections.
- Must have at a minimum 3 years of experience working in Quality Assurance performing mechanical and electrical testing.
- Computational math skills.
- Computer skills for data and report input. Ability to use spreadsheets; database entry.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges, and test equipment
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications, and inspection instructions
- Ability to work under general supervision and to follow written instructions and techniques; commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Good oral communication skills
- Flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a teamwork environment.
- Must have a high school education or equivalent education and/or experience.
- An Electronic Certificate, Inspection functions in an Aerospace or military manufacturing environment and experience in a work environment requiring compliance auditing and source inspection.
- NADCAP Weld Inspector Certification.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.