Title: Quality Inspector
Job Code: EB-5375151927
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Quality Inspector to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Torrance, CA. This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
In this full-time hourly position you will carry out inspections utilizing precision measuring equipment to determine that complex tooling, fabricated parts, and assemblies used in satellite components meet drawing and quality requirements involving a number of exacting parameters. Other roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Inspect and approve designed or shop-practice tooling, determine its applicability and conformance with standards, and document inspection results.
- Verify a variety of fabrication processes, including the progressive machining, layout, and assembly operations of complex machined parts and assemblies. To do so, you’ll simulate machine and assembly set-ups to verify dimensional accuracy and conformance of parts and assemblies to engineering requirements.
- Work will be carried out in production areas as well as in a receiving environment.
- You will need at least five years of relevant precision inspection experience, with the demonstrated ability to utilize a wide range of precision measuring equipment used to accurately evaluate complex tooling, fabricated parts, and assemblies, such as surface plate rotary tables, sine bars, dividing heads, coordinate measuring machines, and other measuring equipment.
- Must be able to perform surface plate setup, and know how to properly utilize manual gaging tools.
- The ability to understand engineering drawings and specifications, validate purchase order and engineering requirements, and follow manufacturing and inspection instructions is needed.
- GD&T Proficient per ANSI Y14.5, CMM (QC5000 software preferred), Adept in programming of CMM's, Optical Comparator, and VMM applications is needed.
- Requires a general understanding of metallurgy, with the ability to understand chemical and physical compositions of materials.
- Initiates First Article Inspection (FAI) forms. Performs inspection and assists engineering when correcting deficiencies and preparing inspection aids, and standards.
- Utilizes and completes required forms. Prepares and completes customer delivered end item FAI report, including the review of supplier and subassembly FAI reports.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary to convey the results of your inspections to end users.
- Previous experience working in a clean room environment is preferred.
- The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.