Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for an Inspector.
This is a full-time non-exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to verify quality of build by means of measuring, testing, visual observation, and various other methods to ensure parts are acceptable to all established requirements. This includes tooling, manufactured parts and purchased parts and assemblies.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
- Inspect material and manufactured parts and at various stages of fabrication to ensure proper quality, identification and workmanship to established requirements.
- Verify incoming materials and parts to company defined requirements.
- Verify count, appearance, and physical condition of materials and parts.
- Perform First Article Inspection on specified parts as required.
- Work closely with Quality and Manufacturing Engineering in knowing and understanding flow down of work order requirements.
- Verify all tools or gages used in inspection are calibrated and in a usable condition.
- Maintain upkeep on precision type measuring devices, testing equipment, and master gauging equipment keeping them calibrated and certified to all established requirements.
- Complete repairs and adjustments on this equipment and recommend the purchase of new or replacement equipment if needed.
- Notify engineering when tools and gages are coming due for calibration. Control and bond all tools and gages as defined by the procedure.
- Maintain all records and certifications in company supplied software to assure periodic inspections and calibration/certifications of all gages are accomplished and accepted for use.
- Must pass a certification exam for approval to perform penetrant inspection.
- Will perform penetrant inspection to identify defects open to the surface which cannot be detected by other methods of inspection. Must be able to recognize and differentiate discontinuities within the surface.
- Must demonstrate an acceptable ability to follow written procedures explicitly in performing penetrant inspections per internal and customer specifications.
- Will perform penetrant system checks and notify engineering of any anomalies.
- Must pass a certification exam for approval to perform weld inspection.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection on welded areas of a part as required by engineering.
- Verify all results comply with requirements flowed down by engineering to all applicable specs.
- Utilize computer skills and training to operate CMM.
- Operate and program Romer articulating arms and CMM in relation to applicable
production and tooling.
- Load/Unload parts onto the CMM and as necessary.
- Perform CMM calibration and checks as applicable.
- Follow all work order and program instructions as it relates to part inspection.
- Interpret CMM output report or provide data to engineering to validate part conformance.
Records and Reports
- Process all necessary paperwork on items that have been inspected.
- Write material rejection tags denoting rejections if applicable for engineering disposition.
- File incoming quality records in the proper location in the MRB Crib.
- Conduct quality audits where required by engineering.
- Prepare concessions for customer approval on nonconforming items for engineering review.
- Assure proper processing of material rejection reports and acceptance of all previous nonconforming items as applicable within a work order before part acceptance.
- Maintain all inspection records per internal and customer requirements.
- Basic housekeeping to clean up the area from the work performed and to maintain the housekeeping in the area using the proper conventional utensils (brooms, dusters, wet/dry rags, wet/dry vacuums), but excluding the use of mops and automatic floor scrubbers (i.e. Tennant floor scrubber). Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and work tables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Blue Print Reading/GD&T
Basic or Advanced Shop Math
Use of Precision Measuring Instruments
PCMM and CMM Operation
Must be able to start out on 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.