Quality Engineering Supervisor
As a leader within the quality assurance team, the Quality Engineering Supervisor is responsible for quality planning, implementation, and continual improvement. The Quality Engineering Supervisor helps improve processes that impact product quality, devises product quality audit methods, special quality studies, failure investigations and feedback of quality information to management. This supervisor will be responsible for development and improvement of specific office and manufacturing processes as determined by business priorities, while managing the Quality Engineering team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, design and document processes with a view towards quality improvements.
- Conducts training programs on general product knowledge, use of special test equipment and inspection techniques. Assures on-going ISO 9001 registration requirements are met.
- Makes decisions’ defining, modifying, or restricting processes.
- Designs product and process quality audit tools and integrates.
- Conducts special studies and investigations related to problem solving and problem prevention.
- Develop preventative measures to increase product reliability and reduce production downtime
- Reports to management on the level of quality and cost-related nature of quality problems at various stages of corporate processes.
- Directs analyzes of field failures and in-plant test failures in order to establish basic causes of defect and implement preventive actions
- Advises on the audit/inspection function.
- Evaluates processes for improvement and subsequent controls to minimize inspection activities.
- Interface with customers to address problems and evaluate the Company’s performance.
- Leads employees and teams in process development and improvement.
- Manages and develops others to further the Quality Engineering skill set within the facility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An excellent team player with strong people skills; able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effective communication skills, including verbal (logical and organized), written, listening and presentation
- Strong project management and troubleshooting skills
- Strong process analysis and documentation skills required
- Ability to perform principle responsibilities requires collaboration with other functional groups in order to gather information, make decisions and implement
- Use of statistical tools to resolve problems and targeting processes for preventative controls
- Balance technical knowledge and QA process management methods with strong consulting skills appropriate for leading change in the evolving organizational climate
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related function
- 3 – 5 years of progressive engineering experience within Operations roles
Preferred Education / Experience
- Progressively responsible experience in a relevant engineered-product environment
- Related background in continuous improvement activities including SPC techniques
- Project management experience a plus
- Extensive applied knowledge of Lean tools with ASQ or Six Sigma training preferred
- 3 – 5 years of Quality Assurance experience within a manufacturing operation
Key Working Relationships
The Quality Engineering Supervisor interacts with other leaders and employees as a process consultant, supporting Operating Plan objectives through process improvement and control.
This person will represent the customer regarding quality and reliability decisions.
This individual will lead a team of Quality Engineers and Technicians and must be able to develop and coach team members to produce a world-class organization.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Shopfloor and office environment, located on large manufacturing campus