Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Quality Engineering Specialist at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position is responsible for providing technical/quality support for all Magellan produced and supplier produced product. The incumbent shall be the Magellan representative responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and determining or recommending disposition of nonconforming products manufactured at Magellan, and will act as an MRB focal.
The Quality Engineering Specialist will review purchase order and customer contractual documents to ensure compliance to requirements; approve suppliers and facilitate supplier corrective actions; and shall be a lead on NPI and PPAP quality activities for new contract or new customer. This position requires strong analytical skills combined with time management and project skills. The individual is also expected to take the initiative in all matters concerning the assurance of conforming product.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review nonconformance reports dispositioned by the Magellan Manufacturing Engineering Planners (MEs) and accept/reject or recommend the disposition based on customer’s engineering and quality requirements.
- Provide technical support to Purchasing, Operations and Engineering. Assist in the identification of suppliers / subcontractors, and prepare specifications and other procurement documentation.
- Lead projects for new customer/contract, new product introduction (NPI) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Participate in evaluation and estimating phases of new customer/contract providing Quality support.
- Participate in activities to ensure supplier compliance to scope of approval and ongoing supplier monitoring. This may entail on site audits at supplier’s facilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise, investigate the quality failures, and identify the requirements for preventive and corrective actions; monitor and report on corrective action implementation as related to product quality at Magellan or at supplier. Lead continuous improvements for Quality department.
- Implement new system and working practices to improve process and product quality while maintaining compliance to regulatory requirements. Drive implementation of processes at the local level with Operations staff, Continual Improvement (CI), and Manufacturing Engineering (ME).
- Participate in new capital equipment acquisition projects for manufacturing and new inspection technology.
- Provide training related to NPI, PPAP, MRB, and supplier approvals to MEs, QARs, Purchasing, Engineering and Operations staff.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of an Engineering Technologist or Engineering degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized College or University, or see experience below.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Manufacturing, Quality, or Engineering experience required.
- Eligibility for and membership in CTTAM or APEGM.
- Organizing/Planning; Informing; Time Management; Process Focused; Articulate; Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills; Able to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Has a solid technical background. Can interpret drawings and customer specifications. Knowledgeable in inspection techniques and manufacturing processes. Good understanding of Quality Management System.
- Attainment of Project Management, NPI/PPAP experience, internal audit certification or AS/ISO lead auditor certification is considered an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.