Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and knowledgeable Quality Engineering Manager. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the quality assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products and product lines.
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
• Assigns work and coordinates activities of all subordinate employees
• Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
• Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Supports all Quality Engineering initiatives including Continuous Improvement, 6S, Record Keeping, Supplier Quality, First Article Inspection, Statistical Process Control, etc.
• Instills a culture of technical requirements compliance, to include proper disposition and cause/corrective action analysis on product and process discrepancies.
• Provide support to Business Development on quoting activities.
• Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
• Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
• Conducts meetings with others to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
• Provides input on drafts of business policies, procedures, and work instructions.
• Reviews technical and procedural problems of all departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
• Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supplier quality and vendor quality standards.
• Confers with other Engineering and production personnel to assist with resolution of any internal or external quality concerns (including: scrap, escapes, suspect material, non-conforming material requiring deviation, etc.).
• Provides guidance or manages the purchase of capital equipment within the Quality realm.
• Provides technical and process based training as needed within the organization.
• Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!