In this role you will be on a team of Quality Engineers, Technicians and Supplier Quality Engineers at the Richmond Virginia site that applies its expertise and knowledge in finding creative, efficient means to improve quality output and continuous improvements. You will drive process initiatives that ensure compliance with customer requirements, regulatory agencies, safety and engineering specifications while instilling site accountability for governance of the Quality System, product acceptance, and product quality.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs, implements, evaluates, and revises, technical quality assurance protocols/methods for the inspecting and testing of in-process raw materials, production equipment, and finished products.
- Leads and facilitates multi-disciplined RCA, problem-solving and risk analysis. Identify the root of technical issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Determine quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures.
- Coordinate with supply chain, manufacturing, R&D, and engineering to ensure specification compliance.
- Ensures activities and items are in compliance with both quality assurance standards and applicable government regulations.
- Performs analysis of reports, production data and identifies trends in the inspection of finished products and recommends corrective actions when necessary.
- Lead, facilitate and support continuous improvement teams.
- Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed.
- Works directly with customers to support product/process evaluations, audits, and compliance to customer-specific requirements.
- Works directly with suppliers to support product/process evaluations, audits, and compliance to specific requirements.
- Performs internal audits of processes and functions to assure continued compliance to international standards and requirements.
- Position will support compliance to ISO9001, safety ISO45001 and other standards.
Complexity of Tasks: Duties require thorough understanding of standard engineering theories, concepts, principles and techniques. Work is subject to general overview to ensure quality.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field and 1 to 8 years of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Electrical experience preferred.