Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Quality Engineer.
Responsible for the implementation, control and maintenance of the company quality management systems to international and customer standards and ensuring system audit readiness at all times
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Free parking
- Oversee company compliance to recognised quality approval systems
- Documentation control in relation to quality procedures and records
- Devise and implement a company quality awareness and improvement strategy and training plan (working in conjunction with all sections of business)
- Ensure effective quality control for all aspects of the manufacturing process
- Organise and expedite internal quality audits in conjunction with trained personal
- Interface with customers on quality requirements
- Support the calibration of metrology equipment
- Provide an interim and final inspection role
- Provide reports detailing the cost of quality and preventive solutions – using non-conformance reporting as basis for this
- Provide reports and information to support QMS development, audit readiness and quality improvements to ensure compliance with international and customer standards
- Work with the minimum amount of supervision while maintaining expected levels of productivity
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur
- Actively support and contribute to continuous improvement program and lean manufacturing.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value added activities
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce
- Maintain good housekeeping in the work areas
- Provide Delta and Full FAI reports
- Chair MRB Meetings and support RCCA.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager.
- The job ideally requires the job holder to be qualified to HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline or have gained suitable work experience over a minimum of 3 years.
- The job requires the job holder to have gained experienced in all aspects of inspection methods within the aerospace industry.
- The job requires the job holder to be able to carry out investigations in a methodical manner and requires problem solving, communication and reporting skills.
- The job requires the job holder to have good analytical skills.
- The job requires IT Skills to include Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and EFACS.
- The job requires the jobholder to be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- The job requires a high level of numeracy and involves a degree of decision making and judgement in investigating non-conformances and analysing internal process and procedures meet the required customer criteria.
- The job requires the use of calibrated measuring
- The job involves the manipulation of data using spread sheets and the checking and filing of information and requires a high level of literacy.
- The job does not require the manual handling of heavy items.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!