United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York, has an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Engineer. The successful incumbent is responsible for developing, promoting and overseeing compliance of the company quality system. This is achieved through managing and reviewing the quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices, the review of non-conformances and quality data, extensive Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations, continuous improvement projects aimed at rework reduction and process optimization, and the review of customer and internal process requirements. The successful incumbent will also support both internal and external process audits, and Quality Assurance Laboratory periodic quality control testing.
- Perform internal and external non-conformances through Root Cause and Corrective Action methods
- Assist QA Lab with periodic testing and solution analysis
- Track Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Contribute to continual improvement and optimization of chemical processes
- Training and qualification of operators
- Conduct internal audits
- Perform periodic surveillance audits as required with existing Customers
- Prepare and revise internal standard operating procedures & Process masters
- Review and interpret customer specifications
- Assist in maintaining third party accreditation, such as Nadcap, AS9100, etc.
- Four year college degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 2 years of experience working in an engineering or quality department within the aerospace industry preferred
- High School Diploma and/or extensive experience in the specific field is considered as an alternative.
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance practices
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)