endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
- Main quality contact during the advanced quality planning process (APQP) on new and/or current programs. Responsible for establishment and maintenance of the control plan, analyze process capability data.
- Key person in obtaining production part approval (PPAP) on new and revised programs with our customers, as well as subcontractors to the Port Huron, MI facility.
- Provide quality-engineering solutions to quality related problems encountered in the manufacture and customer acceptance of headliners and headliner systems.
- Maintain a record of all customer related quality issues, and resolution timing is expedited.
- Work with subcontractors under their responsibility on establishing inspection and testing requirements, product certification, process capability, and subcontractor development.
- Work with internal engineering and manufacturing to establish inspection and testing requirements for programs under their responsibility. Analyze inspection data/charts to detect quality-related concerns and recommend corrective and/or preventative action.
- Implement statistical techniques and/or advanced problem-solving techniques as required to correct or prevent quality related issues.
- Review with quality manager product specifications and quality related issues as deemed necessary based on experience and product knowledge.
- Primary contact for customer and/or quality resident engineers on programs of their responsibility.
- Prepare periodic and special status reports and perform other related duties as required.
- Establish and assist in providing training to individuals associated with the inspection and testing of programs under their responsibility.
- Provide support and input to achieve established goals and objectives of the plant.
- Aid in the preparation of various quality reports, i.e., CP/CPK, Cost of Quality, PPM, IATF, Ford Q1, GM BIQS and performance metrics.
- Promote interplant relations and perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Key person in scheduling and tracking IATF, BIQS & ISO 14001:2015 internal audits, Ford Q1 corrective actions and training.
- Support the testing/certification of incoming materials/parts prior to use in plant processes.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Minimum 5 years of quality experience required
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred
- Associates degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or 2 to 3 years’ experience in related field
- Problem solving, organizational skills, PC knowledge
- Self-directed, detail oriented, reliable, and strong initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others as required
- Good written and verbal communications skills