endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
What we offer:
We are a global leader in cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international and highly collaborative teams accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and are a pioneer in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
- Audit and perform prequalification process at potential suppliers.
- Quality assurance and part approval process for parts at supplier sites.
- Support production quality and manage escalated concerns.
- Review supplier performance results and perform supplier improvement program activities.
- Understand and implement supplier manual requirements, standards, internal safety, environmental, and ethics rules.
- Assess supplier's ability to comply with our system requirements:
- Participate in the pre-qualification process of potential suppliers
- Perform audits at supplier’s site, according to our Standards
- Follow up on corrective actions after process audits
- Evaluate the quality performance of suppliers
- Assure quality of purchased parts:
- Verify that purchased parts comply with requirements and specifications by using appropriate methods defined in our standards
- Participate in on-site visits to suppliers to review APQP/PPAP details and participate in trial runs as needed
- Define the PPAP submission index level and approve PPAP submissions
- Utilize Lessons Learned approach via carryover knowledge and experience to new parts/suppliers
- Support prototype deliverables from suppliers before PPAP and arrange safe-launch inspections at suppliers
- Monitor and review suppliers’ rating, quality performance, and yields if applicable
- Participate in suppliers’ improvement program and manage quality activities
- Support internal organization:
- Support organization and address escalated issues according to escalation model
- Support purchasing with part/process knowledge for component selections
- Participate in coordination and planning between project and supplier such as APQP timing and deliverables
- Support suppliers with expertise knowledge of the supplier manual and quality tools
- Supplier maintenance & development:
- Define and agree with suppliers on the requirements for annual layout inspection and CC/SC reviews
- Provide input and data to annual supplier status reviews and assessments
- Support and participate in supplier development activities as related to IATF16949
- Provide, support, and perform applicable activities for changes at suppliers
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years professional experience as Process or Quality Engineer in a high-volume production industry
- Excellent technical knowledge of and experience in the product/process technologies of responsibility
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of quality tools common in the automotive industry, such as Cpk, PPAP, MSA, 8D, FMEA, etc.
- Good knowledge of applying standards, drawings, and specifications
- Knowledge and experience of IATF16949 and ISO14001 requirements
- Must be able to work on export restricted technology
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.