Title: Quality Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-4860688462
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Quality Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Irvine, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Oversee quality requirements in support of production activities.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to products and quality requirements.
- Prepare data and reports in support of reporting requirements (internal and external).
- Support to operations related to compliance to regulatory and customer requirements
- 3-6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methods, i.e. 8D and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Monogram’s corporate Supplier Quality Assurance Requirements; Knowledge and understanding of Customer’s quality requirements.
- Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology.
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e. ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements (design/process interface).
- Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties.
- Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets.
- Strong knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001, AS9102.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.