The quality engineer is responsible in making sure that every function and operation in production happens with high quality, efficiently and effectively.
Duties and responsibilities
- Represent the “Needs of the Customer” in internal functions such as:
o APQP project teams, with responsibility to contribute to successful launch of products.
o Manage the preparation of capability studies, gage R&R, inspection instructions and control plans for all new products.
o Manage the customer PPAP submission process.
o Manage the continuous review of control plans and capability studies to assure compliance and continuous improvement.
o Manage for the highest level of customer satisfaction. Develop action item / improvement plans when gaps are present.
o Act as main customer liaison for any quality-related customer concerns.
o Create PDCA/FTA in WISE for customer claims, ensuring claim closure of 30-days from initiation.
o Maintain and verify bi-weekly customer scorecards (Q1, GM, FCA, VW, etc.).
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency of unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Ensure products meet the quality standard of the company.
- Regularly monitor production and machinery to ensure quality.
- Collect feedback to ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Update and maintain Customer control plans.
- Create testing procedures for quality checks.
- Follow the quality control standards.
- Collect relevant data from the various related sources.
- Improve quality of the work and develop new guidelines to meet new regulations.
- Provide training when necessary to update employee knowledge.
- Record all quality test results and presenting them before management.
- Comply with Customer Specific Requirements (CSR’s) as they relate to their job.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field / or 5 years relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to observe the various aspects carefully.
- Exceptional decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail work.
- Strong knowledge of quality standards, regulatory and statutory regulations.
- Excellent communication and writing abilities.
- Microsoft Office & Outlook experience.
- Team focused.
- Ability to complete tasks within a given timeframe.
- Must be able to multitask.
Working conditions range from sitting in air-conditioned office, to standing on shop floor.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 20 lbs. on a regular basis.