Please email resumes to email@example.com
Objective of the Job This position is a Quality Engineer responsible for supporting the operating units in the identification of coil defects and quality awareness throughout the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are followed and are a priority
2) Support the site’s Quality Management System as required
3) Support all operational units to ensure product defects are identified and rated quickly and efficiently; Interface with Sales and production to ensure customer satisfaction
4) Support all Quality and Laboratory functions as needed
5) Assist Customers, Sales and Engineering on APQP activities for new projects.
6) Review statistics of controls and gauging methodology as needed.
7) Assist with the coordination and preparation of sample submission packages.
8) Assist departments with updates to Process Flow diagrams, Process FMEAs and Control Plans as needed.
9) Support supplier and customer quality concerns.
10) Conduct investigation of non-conformances and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
11) Work with Manufacturing to solve in-house quality concerns and review of nonconforming product.
12) Conduct Internal Audits as assigned per the Internal Audit Schedule.
13) Establish and maintain departmental records for gages.
14) Support all Monitoring and Measuring Devices requirements and needs.
15) Assist Quality Assurance Manager for all site and customer needs.
1. Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
2. Understanding of product defects and process controls
3. Knowledge of SPC techniques
4. Knowledge of sample submission procedures
5. Knowledge of customers’ APQP activity procedures
6. Knowledge of Quality System requirements
7. Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent is a plus
8. Certified Quality Engineer preferred
9. 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance preferred