Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer.
This is a full-time salaried role where the successful candidate will be expected to develop, implement, and coordinate the quality assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
- Responsible for the development, application and maintenance of quality control systems for processing materials into finished products.
- Develops and initiates methods and procedures for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures, supervises the design of forms for recording quality checks and preparation of instructions for these procedures. Documents accepted methods and processes.
- May conduct training and write training manuals on quality issues.
- Analyzes, organizes and defines production methods and processes required to manufacture new and special components. Compiles, tabulates, and summarizes inspection data for analysis.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers in tool designs, etc., where existing standards are not applicable.
- Under direct supervision, assigns work, instructs, and coordinates the activities of the quality control section and assists with the application and monitoring of established inspection procedures and methods.
- As a member of the change control unit, informs the Quality Department of any action of the change control unit that may affect their activities. Expedites and follows up on procedural changes and inspection applications. Assures that all engineering changes, document and specification changes are released and implemented per requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between quality control and the inspection department
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a technical field, such as chemical, electrical, aeronautical or mechanical engineering from four-year college or university; with three years diversified experience in an engineering curriculum in quality inspection, quality planning and related functions equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.