endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
PLANT QUALITY ENGINEER II.
We are one of the most recognized and successful names in our Market. We are part of one of the largest organizations in our space being one of 14 companies under the same roof. We had a record year last year and are financially very stable.
The Quality Engineer II is a key position in the Company and will support and contribute to the company goals of profitability, return on investment, inventory turnover, and accident prevention. The Quality Engineer II, develops quality systems and procedures designed to improve product quality and customer satisfaction. Analyze data to prioritize and focus quality improvement efforts. Work with problem solving tools to determine root cause of quality issues and develop solutions. Work with suppliers to evaluate potential quality problems and to contain, rework or return non-conforming purchased parts or materials. Lead and participate in Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma projects.
We are looking for individuals with experience in metal fabrication, machining, welding and other metal forming processes.
Core Competencies for this position include:
- Leading Change/Change Management
- Leading People/Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Focus, communicate, encourage and contribute to Safety in all aspects of the job and all company meetings.
- Implement root cause analysis and problem solving tools and techniques as part of verifiable solutions of quality following PDCA format.
- Follow up and track the status of corrective and preventative actions for in-house and supplier parts and materials using standard methods such as 8D formats.
- Evaluate needs for quality training programs and work with other departments to implement these programs. Train personnel on program requirements.
- Develop Voice of Customer information from internal VOC audits, warranty information and reporting from customer service and sales departments to be used for quality improvements.
- Complete and/or evaluate PPAP’s and sample inspections for in-house and purchased parts and materials.
- Create work instructions, PFEMA documents and control plans for production parts.
- Make presentations to groups of employees and mentor/lead projects or quality circle groups.
- Work with Marketing and Engineering at beginning of product designs to provide advice on customer satisfaction and reliability requirements. Create DFMEA and QFD documents.
- Performs all duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Able to use root cause analysis tools such as Fish Bone diagramming, Scatter diagrams and Pareto charting.
- Able to read blueprints with excellent understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance techniques.
- Understanding and ability to apply Plan/Do/Check/Act problem solving and review techniques.
- Knowledge of steel manufacturing techniques such as punching, forming, turning, welding.
- Knowledge of standard process evaluation tools and calculations such as Standard Deviation, CP and CPK.
- Able to check parts and an understanding of datums and measurement techniques. Familiar with AIAG PPAP and inspection documents.
- Able to use various kinds of Control Charts and evaluate the trends and information provided for process and quality improvements.
- Able to evaluate processes using techniques including time studies, spaghetti diagrams and bottle neck evaluations.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet programs such as MS Excel and database programs such as MS Access. CAD software a plus.
- Able to convey information, facts and requirements through emails and Microsoft documents such as PowerPoint and Word.
- Able to set up a system of record keeping for production and safety related documents.
- Knowledge of standard safety procedures. Have OSHA 10-hour safety certification or ability to obtain.
- Able to create and evaluate process documents such as PFMEA and Value Stream Maps.
- Able to apply Design of Experiment techniques to develop improvements with minimal testing.
- Able to use DMAIC (Define/Measure/Act/Investigate/Control) problem solving technique.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related subject or related technical field required.
- 3+ years’ experience required in quality control or manufacturing position.
- American Society of Quality-Quality Engineer Certification preferred.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.