Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer II.
This is a full-time exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to determine, plan, disseminate and control quality requirements in accordance with applicable procedures and specifications. This position will be responsible for mentoring and collaborating with others in the quality department while utilizing excellent leadership skills and technical abilities.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers in process, tool and gage development.
- Develop, document, and maintain methods and planning for inspection, testing and evaluation from First Article through production, repair and spares activity.
- Devise sampling plans when applicable.
- Assist in the maintenance of programs associated with 6S initiatives, Nadcap, AS9100, ISO 14001, etc.
- Review design development drawings for inspectability and assist in design for manufacturability.
- Review process flow, product quality control plans and FMEA to extract critical control points.
- Demonstrate experience in utilizing tools such as Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), characteristics matrices, process flow diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Review product non-conformances for severity, reviewing disposition, corrective action, and rework/repair.
- Ensure corrective actions have been implemented to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct trainings, prepare quality work instructions and write training manuals when required.
- Facilitate data collection through form creation or other means.
- Compile, tabulate, and summarize inspection data for analysis.
- Analyze inspection data to perform investigations and facilitate process improvement.
- Assist with the application and monitoring of established inspection procedures and methods.
- Review action of the change control unit as it affects quality planning.
- Assure all engineering, document, and specification changes are released and implemented per requirements.
- Conduct internal audits as assigned by the Audit Administrator.
- Enforce the Magellan Supplier Quality Requirements Manual.
- Work to rectify any program level issues within the supplier base.
- Understand the advanced operation of all inspection equipment utilized on the shop floor.
- Provide the expertise for the preparation and assessment of documentation relative to the processes encountered during the manufacturing, inspection, and test phases of programs and other related projects.
- Demonstrate ability to lead without formal tasking and lead solutions to difficult and sensitive problems within the department.
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as chemical, electrical, aeronautical or mechanical engineering from four-year college or university; or Associates Degree with diversified experience in an engineering curriculum in quality inspection, quality planning and related functions equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.