Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Document Controller.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support/assist the QA department on key tasks. – Maintenance of Magellan Portal and business QMS including availability and topicality of documentation and control of the retention of records. The conducting of FAIRs, Participation and support to Production in non-conformance investigation and reporting, MRB and quarantined material control, assisting with internal audits and surveillance activity in support of product assurance and support and assistance with 2nd and 3rd party audits. The maintenance of databases and assisting with generation of regular departmental reports and QKPIs and to assist with other quality duties as required by line management.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- The completion of set objectives to target & timescale as agreed with line manager and the full and complete execution of the duties and responsibilities set out below.
- Maintenance of the Magellan Portal UK for document control and record retention/archiving activity
- Maintain the MALUK document control process iaw G002
- Support and assist in the processing and control of quality certification stamps iaw G001
- Maintenance/administration of the Internal Audit Schedule and generation of associated KPIs/Business packs
- Supporting and/or conducting internal audits in support of business QMS and/or NADCAP requirements.
- To take part and support 2nd and 3rd party audits as required
- The regular generation of QKPIs and presentation packs for Business Reviews and customer meetings
- FAIRs – assist and/or completion of compilation of data packs and writing of FAI reports
- Represent the QA department at internal meetings as directed by line management
- The participation in Improvement Projects to agreed timescales as directed
- Carry out any additional tasks as directed by line management
- Minimum - 5 GCSEs (Grade C or above) including Maths and English. ONC, C&G/TEC certification or equivalent in a techncial subject.
- Preferred - Degree/Higher Degree in relevant subject. Quality training, Quality tools and CI methodology or other similar
- Audit Qualifications/training
- Engineering apprenticeship or training in a technical/engineering environment.
- Membership of CQI.
- Minimum - Administration of a business QMS or document management system or library. Includes document change and approval processes with stakeholders and document re-issue.
- Exposure to Sharepoint would be an advantage.
- The writing of procedures and technical documentation
- Conducting of internal audits, issue of NCRs and audit follow up/close out
- Aerospace of manufacturing and processing of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Experience/training to AS9100
- Previous techncial role in a manufacturing environment
- The writing of procedures, technical report writing, reading engineering drawings
- Quality tools
- Understanding of engineering terminology and mechanical machining and/or treatments and/or assembly
- Ability to write a clear, succinct, well-structured technical reports and procedures
- Ability to read and fully understand an engineering drawing
- Ability to clearly communicate and work with others as part of a team
- Proficiency with IT – MRP system, MS Office packages e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint.
- Experience of the regular use of standard quality tools and concepts such as 5Y, Poka Yoke etc.
- Understanding of structured problem solving process such as 8D, DMAIC
- Tenacity, diligence, ability to act on own initiative and without supervision and the ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Integrity – strength of character to stand by decisions and to not be adversely influenced or coerced into taking action which may compromise quality
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!