The Quality Coordinator is charged with ensuring acceptable product quality at each phase of the manufacturing process, from raw material receiving through final product inspection and certification. The primary objective is to drive the plant's quality practices and issues, seeking to optimize the usage qualities of products for the end-use customer, while reducing costs and preserving or enhancing safety and environmental practices. Ensures that laboratory practices are performed accurately and precisely in accordance with established standards, reports on quality, and certifies final products. Will be a technical lead in driving technical initiatives within the business from process, quality, and operations.
- Leadership in the improvement of the plant's technical capabilities.
- Responsible for initiating and participating in studies involving process monitoring and quality control and recommending specific actions to realize opportunities from the studies.
- Supervises all activities of the plant laboratory to ensure this facility is operating at optimum efficiency according to guidelines and best practices.
- Develops and utilizes reporting and process control tools critical to quality control.
- Leads safety initiatives for the manufacturing plant and laboratory, including conducting safety meetings and educating laboratory personnel in safe operating practices.
- Maintains close contact with all phases of plant operation and informs the appropriate supervisors of situations detrimental to product quality, production, or control.
- Manages laboratory equipment, including supplies and inventory levels, preventive maintenance of equipment, and spare parts.
- Balances rates of additives used so as to maintain quality and minimize cost.
- Maintains close contact with customer base and ensuring final product performance.
- Identifies department maintenance activities to be performed during annual turnarounds, prioritizes the tasks to be performed, and schedules through the appropriate personnel.
- Performs analysis of materials to improve efficiencies, manufacturing parameters, and quality.
- Ensures timely release of final products to customers through quality assurance activities.
- Plans and executes daily QA/QC activities.
- Responds to findings of internal audits.
- Identifies and records quality and manufacturing deficiencies; initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated channels; and verifies the implementation of solutions.
- Initiates action to prevent the re-occurrence of any nonconformance in relation to the product.
- Controls further processing/delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Maintains effective relations with customer services, sales, production and maintenance.
- Properly resolves customer complaints.
- Works with plant management to establish spare parts inventory for laboratory and recommend stocking levels.
- Requires a 4-year degree in a technical discipline such as Chemistry or Engineering and / or related fields.
- Prior experience in a cement-manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities for quality assurance and product compliance.
- Knowledge of XRF and industry laboratory protocols.
- Requires good computer skills, must be able to effectively communicate, coordinate, interface, and correspond with customers and plant staff.
- Two to three years experience in cement as a production or process engineer or supervisory chemist in a heavy industry with continuous process such as steel, lime, glass, etc.
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com