Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Control Supervisor. The successful incumbent will manage part number approval, provide guidance & decision on inspection methods & issues. The Quality Control Supervisor will play a key role in Quality compliance and performance analysis and improvement
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Direct, assign, prioritize tasks, of direct reports and resolve personnel issues as required.
- Delegate, assign, prioritize, and review work activities associated with internal quality.
- Guide direct reports with inspection techniques.
- Provide guidance and decision on inspection methods.
- Reviewing changes to ensure adequacy and flow down – internal and customer.
- Verify RCCA effectiveness
- Support customer/vendor quality and engineering collaboration
- Coordinate customer approval of new part numbers, maintain approval of existing part numbers, including validation of tools and First Article review
- University degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position with similar expertise in the aerospace industry (preferably)
- Eng or Quality experience
- Expertise in the following: Inspection methods & techniques, geometric tolerance & dimension, regulatory standards AS9100
- Supervisory skills
- Action and detail oriented
- Analytical skills
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.