The Quality Control Lead is responsible for making sure a product meets the customers’ expectations in a variety of ways, supports the company managers and engineers in day-to-day factory floor activities and issues with customers and suppliers. The Quality Control Lead will measure and monitor key quality characteristics of the process before product goes out to the customer. The Quality Control Lead is responsible for verifying gauge checks for external customer and internal gauges.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Perform incoming gauge check of customers gauges daily if required, maintain Calibration for external gauges.
• Follow all applicable company and/or customer supplied procedures and policies.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• All route cards are accurate and complete from release to final inspection.
• All customer specific recording and reporting is complete and accurate.
• Thoroughly inspect parts before releasing to packaging.
• Daily Job Card Audits.
• Ability to delegate any reworks needed at final inspection.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Track Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
• Read and interpret customer drawings and instructions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
• A minimum of 3 years of working in a Quality Department, preferably with some quality control training and responsibility, however similar experience will be considered.
• Aerospace Quality experience a plus. Surface Finishing experience a strong plus.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!