Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opening for a Quality Control Inspector. The successful incumbent will be responsible to help develop and promote compliance of the company quality system and customer requirements by reviewing the quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement programs. The pay range is $20.hr to $26/hr.
- Perform periodic surveillance audits as required with existing Customers.
- Secure and maintain third party accreditation, such as Nadcap, AS9100, etc.
- Review and disposition of internal and external non-conformances through Root Cause and Corrective Action methods.
- Track Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
- Review and interpret customer specifications.
- Prepare and revise internal standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Perform contract review.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Four year College degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Two-year college degree and/or extensive experience in the specific field is considered as an alternative.
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- A minimum of 2 years working in an engineering or quality department, preferably within the aerospace industry.
- Communication, computer literate, Quality Assurance practices
- Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point required to accomplish day-to-day work activities; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand customer specifications and internal procedures; Understanding of an audit process and auditing of processes that is preformed
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)