Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) at our facility in Winnipeg, MB.
The Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) will be the representative for quality matters related to specific customers or products and will coordinate the activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review purchase orders and customer contractual documents to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Prepare Quality Assurance plans to support the manufacture of customer defined products; Review the product definition and shop orders to ensure compliance to the customer’s requirements and the Quality Assurance plan.
- Quality Verification / Product Release by providing certificate of compliance, and authorizing the release of deliverable products to the customer. Liaising with and assisting the customer’s representative(s) on all Quality matters
- Quality Verification / Product Release of product, as a customer’s quality representative when delegated.
- Plan, action, compile, and audit the First Article Inspection (FAI); compile FAI reports and other documentation in support of product deliverables.
- Perform internal workstation and product audits.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
Education & Experience:
- Successful completion of an engineering degree or post-secondary technical diploma in a relevant field.
- Eligibility for membership in CTTAM of Association of Professional Engineers.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience and academic accreditation as listed above.
- Experience in composite manufacturing, electrical, electronics, sheet metal detail manufacturing, machining components, heat treating and forming operations will be considered an asset.
- Experience in quality inspection and auditing.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA.
- Knowledge of relevant customer regulatory requirements.
- Six sigma training.
- CAD skills will be considered an asset.
- CMM Programming experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills - verbal and written.
- Data collection, management and analysis.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Planning and organizing.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.