endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is working with a reputable food manufacturing leader to assist in finding a Quality Assurance Manager. The Quality Assurance Manager plans, administers, and directs the daily quality and food safety activities to ensure all products are manufactured to meet customer specifications. Develops and coordinates activities to continuously improve the food safety and quality aspects of products and processes.
- Develops strategies for improving product Quality and Food Safety; support company goals and coordinate activities that promote these improvements.
- Manages the Quality Assurance staff to ensure proper procedures are followed and specifications are met.
- Interact with customers to provide assurance of product quality and specification compliance.
- Acts as liaison between facility and regulatory representatives to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Local food safety regulations.
- Coordinates internal audits to verify facility performance and compliance to GMP’s, Food Safety, and Quality standards. Guides and supports performance improvement efforts.
- Implements and verifies compliance to the FSMA Food Safety Plan.
- Oversees all daily operational Quality and Food Safety duties and ensures compliance to satisfy all customer and regulatory requirements
- Conduct proactive and positive staff meetings with all Quality members in a manner that promotes safety (people/food), quality, and productivity
- Verify and assist facility with compliance to the following:
- Product Specifications
- Food Safety & Quality Programs/SOP’s
- FSMA Food Safety Plan
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Statistical Process Control Procedures
- Regulatory Requirements (FDA, OSH, etc.)
- Troubleshoots product issues that arise and identifies root cause(s).
- Develops and implements corrective and preventative measures while communicating these measures to all stakeholders i.e. production, sales, sanitation, maintenance, logistics, etc.
- Ensures that corrective actions for any deficiencies noted are communicated to all and that any required re-training is completed and documented.
- Investigate customer complaints and assist in developing corrective actions
- Evaluates data and notes trends for improvement opportunities
- Assist in creating and maintaining product specifications and labels
- Other duties as assigned by management
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- 4-year college degree; BS in Food Science/Technology or other related science filed.
- Minimum 3 yrs. Food Safety & Quality supervisory/managerial experience.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Baking experience preferred but not required
- Math Skills
- Basic computer knowledge and experience