Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the companies’ processes deliver products and services that meet customer expectations and requirements, in compliance with legal, regulatory and Magellan requirements. The QAM must ensure that all of his direct reports and all others who have an impact on product and service quality are aligned and capable of meeting the above criteria. The QAM is responsible for developing the necessary skillsets within the company to support this. The QAM must be capable of communicating at all levels inside and external to the company and ensuring that documentation and relevant records including performance metrics are produced and communicated to all stakeholders.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Maintenance of accreditation to AS9100 and NADCAP and obtaining extensions to approvals when required.
- Manage customer approvals and audits.
- Customer liaison including dealing with customer complaints and defect investigations.
- Ensuring that direct reports can carry out process improvement and root cause analysis. This will involve development of staff and ensuring that documentation is maintained.
- Process improvement and root cause analysis.
- Production of Quality System Metrics
- Process capability studies/variation reduction.
- Advanced product quality planning.
- Continuing development of the quality management system.
- Management, coaching, mentoring of the quality system team.
- Effective performance reporting to internal management and to customers.
- Ensuring that quality system team meets its performance objectives and contributing the achievement of divisional performance objectives.
- HND minimum in an engineering/quality discipline
- Certified AS EN 9100 or IS9001:2000 lead auditor, Member of the Chartered Quality Institute or other professional body
- 5 years in a similar position in the Aerospace industry; lean manufacturing, six sigma methodologies
- Process FMEA
- Investigation tools such as 8D
- Microsoft Office
- ERP/MRP systems
- Excellent communicator with the ability to present ideas at the highest level
- Completer finisher with good project management abilities
- Hands on approach to coaching and mentoring
- Business minded
- Excellent planner
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!