Our client, a international manufacturing company located in Wilson, NC, is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to support the continued growth of the company.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for leading plant Quality improvement efforts, managing vendor quality programs, reduce CIO's and customer concerns through root cause analysis, work closely with customers and internal technical sales to promote future sales opportunities, gain customer expectations and assist in future projects. As a member of the plant leadership team assist to drive continuous improvement efforts and plan skill development opportunities the production operations groups. This role will additionally lead and manage the plant compliance and certification programs with outside agencies and customers to ensure our operation reaches the highest quality and food safety standards.
• Develop, implement and maintain QA and Compliance policies, systems and standard operating procedures.
• Provide plant leadership to meet and improve product quality standards and engaging all employees to achieve local objectives.
• Assess department training and resources to meet guidelines and planning goals including off-site warehousing controls.
• Maintain customer quality satisfaction through the implementation and use of programs to control raw materials, in-process materials, production process, environmental conditions and finished products.
• Facilitating the resolution of complex quality issues, including identification of the root cause and development and implementation of corrective action.
• Apply QA systems, procedures, and practices to document all activities and maintain manufacturing recordkeeping activities.
• Assuring compliance with Corporate and Divisional QA/QC policies and procedures, as well as applicable health/safety laws and regulations.
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Engineering, Quality or Management and/or Specialized training equivalent to a four year degree.
• Minimum 5 years of QA/QC experience in the plastics or packaging industry.
• Extensive knowledge of auditing, SOP's, GMP's, FDA, and quality systems.
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated success managing multiple projects and objectives.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com