Our client, a manufacturer located in Greater Los Angeles areas seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with Plastics experience
- Manage the plant quality control department and supervise the quality coworkers
- Actively manage inspection/quality practices to eliminate scrap, escapes and minimize customer returns.
- Review and track all customer quality concerns, concessions, and customer returns to determine appropriate corrective actions. Advise management of all related issues and recommend appropriate improvements.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plants managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Design, implement and direct the quality assurance program for the plant, including but not limited to plant management responsibilities, and, document and data control
- Inspect of incoming purchased materials, work-in-process material, rework materials and finished goods and. ting of materials. Ascertain the reasons for nonconforming materials.
- Establish/monitor/maintain statistical process control (SPC) programs. Advise and instruct local managers in utilization of SPC data
- Provide consistent ongoing analysis of process capability (CPK) statistics. Determine, recommend, and assist in continuous improvement programs to meet plant/division quality objective and advise the plant manager of appropriate action plans. Suggest improvements in procedures and techniques to improve product and customer acceptance.
- Establish/monitor and control hold for inspection (HFI) procedures to ensure nonconforming materials do not enter the production process and are properly identified and segregated.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Internal quality audits (housekeeping, Good Manufacturing Practices - GMP, etc.)
- Education: Engineering Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years’ experience in a quality assurance role
- Experience with ISO quality systems
- Knowledge of SPC (statistical process control), various testing/ troubleshooting methods
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.comClick here to apply online