Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd, a part of Magellan Aerospace Kelbrook, Lancashire has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Full-time-permanent position
- Weekdays are Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Colne Road, Kelbrook, Lancashire BB18 6SN
To perform under the guidance and management of the Quality Manager; the activities of the Quality Department to achieve agreed strategic business and operational performance targets as set by Magellan Corporate and MALUK; to maintain compliance with ISO9001, CAA and other quality standards, to ensure legal, safety of flight, corporate conformance (MOS); to exceed customer/legislative requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- You will assist the Quality Manager to ensure that all MRO maintenance activities are in compliance with the duties and responsibilities set out in the MOE and Quality Manual, and in compliance with ISO, CAA, UK MoD, NATO, EASA Part-145, FAA FAR 145 and other approval requirements (training will be given on the airworthiness MRO approvals that Euravia hold).
- You will ensure that the Quality Manager is kept informed on all quality issues (i.e. any issue that may have an adverse effect on the airworthiness of aircraft or customer requirements), in a timely manner to eradicate any potential risk to the business.
- You will operate a well-maintained Quality Management System and corporate (MOS) compliance system.
- You will assist the Quality Manager in effectively managing controlled documents; reviews, updates and re-issues, in a timely manner.
- You will work with all departments on quality and compliance-related issues.
- You will work closely with the Engineering Department on all quality and reliability issues, to address and resolve in a timely manner.
- You will operate within an effective quality audit programme performing internal audit requirements to agreed timeframes.
- You will operate within an effective internal/external non-conformance system for quality and all other approvals to ensure all non-conformances are closed within specific and agreed time frames.
- You will actively perform effective containment, root cause analysis and recommend appropriate corrective action in relation to non-conformance, customer and supplier issues.
- You will support the Senior Management Team to maintain effective relationships with OEM’s, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- You will support the drive for continuous improvement that will underpin and promote the quality culture within the organisation.
- You will assist the Quality Manager in submitting agreed monthly Business and Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the Accountable Manager.
- You will actively promote and assist with the monitoring of and adherence to 6S across the business.
- You are acquaint yourself with and adhere to the Company’s Confidentiality Protection and IT Security Policies and procedures.
- Support the business in preparation for performance analysis review.
- Minimum of 1 years QA experience.
- ISO9001 Quality System experience.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and conversations.
- Effective verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Good written communication skills: report writing, formal responses to external NCRs etc.
- Good attention to detail.
- An ability to make decisions and work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001.
- Experience of working with Part 145 (if possible but not required)
- Education that will provide the required knowledge and abilities for the position will be considered (e.g. BS ISO qualification, auditing qualifications)
Euravia Engineering, A Magellan Aerospace Company is a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services for a wide range of gas turbines - with particular expertise in the Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6 engine series.
Operating from four purpose-built, fully FAA and EASA approved facilities in Lancashire, England; Euravia offers a Total Support framework for PT6 Engine Operators around the world. Our focus is to address the Customer's unique individual requirements, delivering first class turboprop engine performance and reliability alongside peerless customer service, with efficient turn times and cost-effective pricing.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!