Our client, a world leader in agricultural equipment manufacturing with a strong worldwide and local presence, requires a Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager to be based in Swift Current, SK. As a part of the senior team you’ll report directly to the General Manager, responsible for ensuring that that the right product is always in the right place at the right time. This center-position role supports production and works closely with sales, engineering, and accounting to ensure contracts are secure and all materials are available years out and finished goods are accounted for and ready to ship.
The Purchasing Manager ensures the facility receives the best quality product at the most competitive price in a timely and ongoing fashion. Inventory is carefully managed to avoid shortages, backorders and thus manufacturing slowdowns. A forward-looking, strategic thinker, the Purchaser is a key position that keeps all incoming parts, pieces and services on track, available and ready when required.
- Lead and support the Supply Chain team
- Create and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Negotiate and maintain price reductions with suppliers
- Ensure suppliers remain compliant to commitments
- Lead and support claims
- Identify supply chain risks and develop strategy to minimize impacts
- Develop new sources of supply and establish strategic alliances
- Establish and maintain networks both internally and externally
- Support the business unit with appropriate sourcing strategies
What you’ll need:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- An excellent memory and attention to details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office as well as ERP Software’s
- 3 + years in a Purchasing/Procurement role in a manufacturing envt
- Self-motivated and driven to excellence
- Able to exercise good judgement and make necessary decisions
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity for which you would like more information on, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or EMAIL Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online