Reporting to the Senior VP of Product Marketing.
The Purchasing and Inventory Manager is responsible for overseeing $100 million in vendor inventory, forecasting and demand planning process to optimize inventory turns and product availability. Consistently review stocking criterion at a product category, vendor, and regional basis to optimize in stock percentages at local DC level and balance overall carrying costs with cross shipping freight impacts. Act as business lead in setting up annual or semiannual vendor operational reviews. Works with SVP of Product Marketing on all major vendor negotiations related to inventory and Supply Chain optimization. Works with Director of PM Operations on optimization of data exchange and cross departmental process improvement. Establishes collaborative, supportive relationship with sales department and key leaders. Provides strong, proactive daily leadership with 4 direct reports. Challenge is to optimize process improvements, increase efficiencies and achieve operational excellence while improving the existing supply chain. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Purchasing leadership in a wholesale or resell (5 years)
- Established Key Performance Indicators (i.e. Inventory, Fill Rate, Backorders, Stock Outs, Past Due ETAs)
- Drove optimization of inventory management in a multi-SKU, multivendor environment.
- Strategic & tactical planning
- Metrics measurements (i.e. pricing, delivery, costs, quality)
- Staff management & training
- Advanced purchasing & procurement processes
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Residence: St. Louis, MO (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Print or IT Hardware
- Industry relevant certifications (i.e. CPPM, CPDW, APICS)
- Advanced Degree –MBA
- Worked collaboratively across multifunctional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong strategic thought process.
- Demonstrated problem resolution – practical and logical.
- Multiple projects in a fast-moving environment
- Results driven and meets deadlines
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Nick Piotrowski
Warehouse & Distributionnpiotrowski@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.166Click here to apply online