We are looking for a Purchasing Representative who demonstrates excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to multi-task various assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Our client, a dynamic and growing organization, is seeking a motivated Purchasing Representative to join their team in Elmira, ON. In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for buying of materials, consumables, equipment, and repair services to ensure a smooth process across all operations.
Your Success will be defined by your ability to:
- Coordinate and release of purchase orders to meet daily production schedules
- Directly influence weekly and long term production requirements
- Manage inventory stock levels by applying advanced inventory control techniques; monitoring and update minimum and maximum stock levels
- Inventory management; maintain target inventory level for raw and finished good products
- Develop and maintain weekly and daily material schedules for fabrication and shipping
- Dispute any quality issues with suppliers
- Maintain close support with all Subcontracting suppliers to ensure all schedules are being met
- Expedite all customer and vendor requirements when necessary
- Coordinate transportation and Purchase orders to assure the timely delivery of materials and to minimize freight costs
- Maintain computerized inventory control system in conjunction with manual systems
- Provide information to customs department for clearing incoming/outbound shipments, i.e. purchased items, raw material, machines, etc.
- Communicate with suppliers to confirm details, such as purchase order numbers
- Read forms, such as invoices, parts order forms, packing slips and bills of lading
Your strengths include:
- Post-Secondary education in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Logistics
- 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Familiarity with MRP software
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Vijay Masih.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!