The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic sourcing strategy that supports and meets the company financial targets, company performance objectives and customer expectations. The position will work with finance, sales and manufacturing to capture business requirements, develop the appropriate sourcing strategies, evaluate responses from the supply market and negotiate agreements that deliver the best value.
The ideal candidate will have a true sense of passion, urgency and will have the drive and energy to build the business and the brand throughout the U.S.
Reports to the General Manager and the position is located at their facilities in Des Moines, IA.
• This is a performance-based culture, therefore must be familiar with KPI’s to measure performance and keep all accountable as we work to complete executed plans.
• Procure goods and services with close interface with Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and Quality Assurance.
• Ensure that the supply chain flow of material will meet the manufacturing build plan.
• Coordinate and leverage purchases regionally and globally.
• Ensure that quality, delivery and total cost objectives are met or exceeded.
• In conjunction with commodity strategies, identify, evaluate, and develop qualified suppliers.
• Responsible for cost reduction opportunities that drive sustainable results.
• Track supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecard rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed our defined expectations.
• Direct the maximized use of vendor managed inventory, e-procurement and automated processes to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of our procurement process and transactions.
• Support and coordinate the new product activities and directions to optimize the transition from new product development to production.
• Direct the routine use of world class procurement policies, procedures, and technology on supplier development, risk management, cost reduction, and material compliance.
• Perform Inventory Management related functions such as slow-moving inventory, obsolete inventory, inventory turns reduction, conduct daily cycle counts, and perform yearly physical inventory.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Materials Management or related field.
• 8-10 years of experience in a material procurement position supporting a manufacturing
• Minimum five years relevant Supply Chain & Purchasing experience as well as specific
experience in continuous improvement.
• Majority of work experience should be related to raw and durable goods that interact directly with the FDA/USDA; branded food and co-manufacturing would be a plus.
• Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Production and Inventory Management certification
would be a plus.
• Proven experience demonstrating performance in cost reduction and value engineering.
• Proven experience demonstrating the creation, negotiation, and administration of purchase
contracts and agreements.
• Knowledge of MS Office, excellent written and oral communications skills, able to work in a
self-directed or team environment and have good organizational skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to multitask, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast-paced manufacturing
• Experience using an ERP system for scheduling and purchasing of material to meet the
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.