Purchasing Manager Manufacturing Company Greater Chattanooga
This company was founded 50+ years ago and is the leading manufacturer and supplier of gas furnaces, water heaters and cooking appliances for various industries. This company is one of the largest employers in the area and over 70% of their workforce have been with the company for 20 years or longer. They are currently growing and adding to their team.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing a team of buyers focusing on finished goods and steel. The Purchasing Manager will support on-going projects and maintain relationships with current suppliers.
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies
- Managing purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for materials and products
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing purchasing experience
- 2 + years of supervisory experience
- Manufacturing Planning experience in high-volume manufacturing of physical products
- Strong experience using ERP systems
- Experience with metals commodities or finished goods preferred
If you’re interested in learning more about this position, please apply directly to this ad.