Our client company is seeking a qualified Cement Plant Purchasing Manager.
Responsible for overall plant purchasing programs. Works in partnership with plant management to deliver professional, ethical purchasing services and provide supervision for the plant Purchasing department. The Purchasing Manager will also participate in the development and positioning of strategic purchasing practices for plant initiatives including major projects, capital activities and the development of local and regional contracts.
- Participate in purchasing planning and budget development as well as strategic purchasing practice for all plant initiatives.
- Participate and lead multi-functional purchasing teams.
- Purchase and develop contracts for plant materials including raw materials, maintenance contractors, etc. Prepare, execute, and standardize authorized contract documentation for the tendering process.
- Implement best purchasing practices externally throughout supply chain. Ensure compliance to all policies, including but not limited to Contractor Management, Contract Signing Authority, Business Conduct, etc.
- Research the supplier market for proper source of materials/services to be ordered. Analyze purchase requisitions for accuracy and proper pricing method.
- Check and compare quotations for completeness and accuracy and perform negotiations with the suppliers.
- Prepare recommendations and place purchase orders.
- Ensure efficient use of SAP in the purchasing process.
- Communicate with user departments in buying the correct material, quantity at the correct time and at the total lowest cost without sacrificing quality
- Coordinate purchasing activities with storeroom activities, optimize spare parts inventory level, i.e. vendor stocking, consignment agreements, just in time delivery.
- Manage stores inventory.
- Maintain continued working relationships with vendor representatives, making plant visits to supplier facilities whenever the situation warrants.
- Prepare correspondence, make computer entries and file documents as required.
- Locate buyers for surplus materials, equipment and scrap; obtain bids and negotiate sale.
- Administer plant purchasing card program.
- Keep abreast of new trends in purchasing techniques and continue to work with projects to achieve standardization and cost reduction.
- Perform duties of the SAP Key User for the Purchasing Department.
- Active participation in Total Quality process.
- Attend meetings and perform other duties as directed.
- Manage the plant purchasing budget.
- Ability to manage staff of direct reports. Supervise the plant Buyer and Stores Supervisor.
- College degree in Finance or Business related Field. Purchasing Management Certification through PMAC, APS or ISM or equivalent preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in the Purchasing/Inventory Control field.
- Successful management of personnel towards the successful achievement of goals and objectives.
- Commensurate levels of experience and skills will be considered.
- Basic understanding of American Contract Law
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Must have basic accounting skills.
- Ability to interact with company representatives and vendors in a satisfactory manner that results in the cooperation of all parties (people skills / team based)
- Ability to work according to the Company Purchasing policy and procedures.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated way towards agreed objectives.
- Ability to produce and analyze data and reports, resolve discrepancies.
- Ability to manage the company's inventory and acquisition dollars in a manner that results in the lowest total cost.
- Interest in hands-on interaction with manufacturing operation.
- Computer skills (PC, ERP, and Microsoft Office tools). SAP Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities
Cement & Lime