Reporting to the Operations Manager of globally recognized specialty heavy haul trailer manufacturer. From small excavators to wind blades, compact transformers, bulky machinery to mining machinery and parts to petrochemical plants, the company’s vehicles are operation-oriented and optimally adapted to the respective requirements of their client’s transport tasks.
The Purchasing Manager plans and directs the activities of the Purchasing Department, including communication with centralized procurement team, purchasing materials, products, equipment and services, inventory management and will involve working with other departments seeking to acquire these resources. Strong data skills to make recommendations to the executive team required. This position manages all functions of the department and assumes supervisory and managerial responsibility for all procurement and inventory activities processed through the company’s central purchasing system. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Operations, purchasing, logistics, or material management (5 yrs.)
- Understanding of supply chain management, logistics and inventory management
- Analyze technical proposals and contract data
- Departmental budgeting and expense management
- Identifying and evaluating product suppliers
- Vendor management
- Travel: 25% (Attend Expos, see some vendors)
- Computer literate: Microsoft Suite, Fleet Management Software, Database Management.
- Education: College Degree
- Residence: Greater Miami, FL area
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Transportation or Manufacturing industry
- APICS certification
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Time management
- Adjust to new technology.
- Teamwork (lead and be a good teammate)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online