Our client, an industry leader in the production of portland cement, has an immediate opening for Purchasing Manager.SUMMARYThe primary objective of this position is to ensure an uninterrupted flow of fuels, raw materials, maintenance and operating supplies and services required by the plant and to meet established production volumes and quality requirements of the plant at a competitive price. The Purchasing Manager is also responsible for supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, also for management of the spare parts inventory.ORGANIZATION STRUCTUREThe Purchasing Manager has one direct report – the Warehouse Supervisor. The incumbent reports to the Plant Manager. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all transactions within the purchasing, receiving and issuing process are controlled and performed in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- The Purchasing Manager must work with suppliers to find ways of reducing costs, improving service and quality of products supplied, while minimizing inventory investment.
- The incumbent purchases and supervises the purchase of a diverse range of commodities and services, ranging from kiln fuel and raw materials to refractory, grinding media, contract labor and spare parts.
- With the assistance of user departments, analyze the status of the spare parts inventory.
- Facilitate negotiation of capital procurement contracts utilizing and incorporating the input of plant operations personnel and plant management as needed.
- Participate with plant management team to formulate and execute strategies to maximize cost savings; lead in the evaluation of supplier reliability, and maintenance of service quality.
- Administer negotiated agreements to assure satisfactory compliance in accordance with the statement of work and schedule.
- Coach plant personnel on procurement guidelines and strategy to improve understanding of purchasing function among plant staff.
- Continue the process of adding Best Practice documentation to the plant purchasing responsibility of material sourcing, administration, negotiations, and contract supply documentation.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required. Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or similar designation is desired.
- 1-3 months of formal job-related training, 5 years of job-related purchasing experience and 1-2 years supervisor experience.
- Heavy building materials background is a plus.
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office Products.
Cement & Lime