endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Position Summary: Responsible for managing the purchase and flow of all materials necessary to support the production function. Create and maintain the necessary systems to accurately track the flow of materials throughout the production process while holding inventories to a level consistent with the business plan. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Purchase the materials needed to support production activities so as to promote a smooth production. Manage raw material inventories to meet the specific financial targets.
- Negotiate with suppliers to establish the most favorable cost, delivery, and terms for purchased materials
- Develop and maintain relations with good suppliers. Find and certify new suppliers to replace unreliable ones.
- Assist Engineering in the development of new products and existing product improvements by procuring the necessary materials to meet these needs.
- Work to consolidate vendors where possible
- Establish process and policy improvements to always improve the vendor base
- 4 year college degree
- 3-5 years of Purchasing/Materials experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in a fabrication environment preferred
- Ability to read and understand detailed Engineering prints
- Proficient using MS Office software
- ERP Software experience required - 3 Years
- Ability to handle multiple projects/project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical, negotiation and organizational skills
- Patience, Diplomacy
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.